Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Save Our Date - Revealed - Part 2

Now that you've seen the base of our Save the Dates, heard the misfortune of not triple checking your proofs, and pondered how we solved our problem... I won't keep you waiting a moment longer.

Well, I turned to the Bee of course, and looked at other Save the Dates, and realized the solution was small.  Mini, even.  Have you guessed yet?  No? How about a joke then,

E: Knock, Knock.
Hive: Who's there?
E: Interrupting Cow.
Hive: Interrupting co---

E:
MOO! 

Did ya guess yet?? If you said Moo, you're right! Like many bees before me,  I jumped on the Mini Moo bandwagon, and solved our problems all at once.  I used 5 pictures from our engagement and on the back printed our names, wedding date, and our correct wedding website.

It just didn't seem like enough though.  Now that our Save the Dates were turning into a suite, I needed to add more. I loved the calendar stickers, and while on MOO's website, fell in love with their stickers.  Another great deal and a week later, these bad boys were in my possession:


Now how will people know to put these on their calendars?  When I showed them to MOH Di, she thought they should be used as envelope seals. And then  Mr. Ly thought that, too.  So then, how to convince them and everyone else that these belong on their calendars?  Tell them straight out:


Nice paper, a clean design, and clear instructions. It cost pennies to make these (and I could make six on a page!) This was the final piece of our Save the Date suite, but I still needed to figure out how to wrap it and package it.

First, how to wrap it up.

I looked at ribbon.  I thought about making belly bands. And then I found scrapbooking tape. It's cute, polka dot tape and it holds everything together - perfectly.

K&Company

So how does it look all pieced together?


But wait. There's more. We have to mail them still - I ordered these envelopes off of Vistaprint using a recent Groupon.

The back of our Save the Date envelopes. 
My favorite part is inside the envelope.  Vistaprint has a standard lining that has their name repeated, over and over.  For a small fee you can have their lining removed, and for just a few dollars more, you can personalize your own lining.  I would've had to line them myself otherwise and that adds up to time and more money.  And even better, the Groupon was for a set amount, we had to up our cost anyway, and went for the personalized lining.



So that is our entire Save the Date package, wrapped up neatly in polka dots and our personalized envelopes!  Now, to address them...

Did anyone else turn multiple ideas in one big idea?  Would you know to unwrap the tape? (spoiler alert: some of our guests - including my own mother - did not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment