Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Honeymoon Bag - breakdown

As I promised, I wanted to share the Honeymoon Bag I created for one of my bridesmaids who had her school shower recently.

I know that her regular shower is coming up, and she's going to be getting so many things she needs from her registry,  and the school she is currently working at generously got her a donation towards her honeymoon. So, sticking with the honeymoon theme, I decided for her school shower to put together a bag of goodies they can use on their trip to Antigua.  I wasn't going to spend a lot, I had only collected money from 5 teachers other than myself, so here's the total breakdown of the Honeymoon Beach Bag:

(all photos personal) 



I went to the Christmas Tree Shops, because who doesn't love a bargain?  I picked out a big purple paisley bag.  One of her wedding colors is eggplant, so the purple bag went nicely.  ($7.99)

I mentioned already the Fake Spade toiletry bags I made for her and her fiance. (.24 for the bags)  I filled each of the bags, one with suntan lotion, aloe, and spray ($9.98).  The other was filled with candy and snacks for the flights or the beach ($7.50).  I added flip flops ($3.99) that were white with hearts and a tulle flower decoration - very bridal! And two metal water bottles good for traveling - ($1.00 each, so $2.00 total), and they also had Target brand beach cover ups, which I found a purple one for only $7.99!

I found this sign there too, which was too cute not to include.  I was going to get a beach themed picture frame, but the bride LOVES quote signs like these, and this was perfect. ($6.99)


The only thing I bought that was not from Christmas Tree Shops was a beach towel. (from HomeGoods) ($12.99)

Total cost of the Honeymoon Beach Bag: $59.67 before tax. Considering I had collected about $60 from the school for the gift, I was really proud of myself for staying within the budget and creating something cute and useful for the bride!

I'm not done yet, though!  I created a poem to go with the bag, that includes all the stuff that was in the bag.  Like the wine gift basket, and candle basket, I searched for a honeymoon one but couldn't find anything that really fit what I needed.  Here is the original LibraryBride Honeymoon Bag Poem:

"This bag is filled to the brim
with goodies to use on your honeymoon.
The love you will show
will surely make everyone swoon.


It's your first vacation
as husband and wife.
A great way to start out
your new married life!


On your feet wear these flip-flops
to show how you two are the "perfect pair"
But before going out
put this lotion on your skin, so fair.


Slip on the cover up,
before you head to the beach.
After a dip in the ocean
Keep the towel within your reach.


The temperatures are scorching
in the tropical sun,
fill these bottles with water,
or something more fun!


Sweet snacks to share
in between kisses,
and the bags display your status
as the new Mr. & Mrs.


For years you'll always have
this trip to remember,
hang this sign to remind you,
even in the cold of December!"




Sorry for the sun glare, I took this in my car, right before heading into the shower! 

Printed this out on some cute lovebird paper (which just happens to be their wedding theme) I had just lying around the library (right, who doesn't have perfectly themed paper always around?), and the gift was complete.

She loved it all, and was floored by the originality of it.  The best part was her Fiance was obsessed with the Mr. & Mrs. bags!  See guys love this stuff too!

The bride and groom opening the gift! 
There it is, a bargain honeymoon gift bag, complete with a poem! How do you think I did? 

2 comments:

  1. Nutcracker is proud to offer a huge selection of gift baskets in varying contents, sizes, prices, styles and decorations! Whatever the celebration, Nutcracker Sweet will provide you with the best gift basket for your needs. Satisfaction guaranteed!
    Wedding Celebrations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting post. We are getting married soon at the domestic wedding venues in LA and will be going on the honeymoon trip soon so your tips on packaging would be helpful for both of us. Keep sharing such helpful posts.

    ReplyDelete