Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Our First Look

I never had any doubt that we'd do a first look. Mr. Ly on the other hand needed a little convincing.  He wanted to wait til the ceremony to see me for the first time, and while I think that would have been really sweet and very nice - it's just not how it works in a Jewish wedding. We would have to see each other before the ceremony to sign the Ketubah anyway, so he quickly relented on that issue and agreed that a first look made the most sense. It was the best decision we could have made and gave us some time to spend just the two of us before the whirlwind of the day swept us up. 

Despite what seemed like a huge delay in our schedule for the morning of, I was out the door of the hotel room ready for our first look only 20 minutes or so past when I had hoped to be.  A few of my bridesmaids were on their way out of the room to head to the trolley at the same time, and I remember asking them to wait for the next elevator, so my photographer and I could head to the first look alone.  I don't know how I got it in my mind that this was going to be a private event.  It was on a fairly busy street in Philadelphia, on an unseasonably warm winter day. We were the furthest thing from alone. So I needed those few moments alone in the elevator, or alone with my photographer, to compose myself.

My bridesmaids caught the next elevator and proceeded to hoot and holler at us during the first look from across the street anyway.

We did our first look at the Second Bank of the United States, which is a historical building in Olde City, Philadelphia.  And just happened to be directly across the street from the hotel. 

Mr. Ly was ready and waiting, posing before I arrived. 

Crossing 4th Street drew lots of attention my way!

Beginning my walk to meet my groom

Trying to remain composed, and block out the shouting coming from across the street (mostly from my bridesmaids)

It didn't work,  I totally let them distract me. 

After I tapped Mr. Ly on the shoulder, I leaned back away from him, which makes for awkward pictures but I think my smile says it all. 

Our first kiss of so many that day. 

Love the detail of the veil in the wind in this shot. 

We still can't stop smiling

Mr. Ly checking out my dress for the first time

Getting tangled in my veil - which was just the beginning of the veil taking over the photos
Our first look was perfect for us, it wasn't super emotional - not a single tear was shed. But it still felt like a huge emotional release; we just laughed a lot, and let everything (and everyone else) fall away. All the stress and worry that had been building for the past hour immediately disappeared the moment we were together. And if anyone was still shouting across the street, I have no idea. My world at that moment was filled with Mr. Ly and nothing else. It was time to get some pictures just the two of us and spend some of the only alone time we'd have all day.



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment