Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: An hour of panic

While the morning leading up to the wedding was relaxing, once the photographers and videographer arrived, I suddenly realized that were at risk at falling really, really behind schedule.  I haven't talked much about my wedding-day schedule, because it wasn't a huge part in my wedding planning.  The only thing I cared about scheduling-wise was that we made it to our photo locations and to the venue on time.  Our ceremony had to start on time, and I was not going to let the schedule get away from me.

Our day-of schedule looked like this:


8:00 Get up, breakfast at hotel
8:30 - Girls arrive, part 2 of gifts
8:30 - Hair & Make-up arrive


Hair 1
Hair 2
Makeup 1
Makeup 2
8:30
Linda - half up
Elizabeth - curls (short hair, just needs style/volume)
Diane
Liz
9:15
Mom - up
Debbie - half up
Linda
Sarah
9:45
Erica
Liz - up
Martha
Elizabeth
10:30
Erica
Sarah - up
Mom
Debbie
11:15
Diane - up
Alissa - up
Erica
Katie
11:45
Martha - ?
Katie - down with curls
Erica


12:00 - Erica finish make-up, Photogs arrive, Videographer Arrives
12:15 - Get in dress, final touches
1:00 - First look, Trolley arrives
1:30 - 3:00 Photos in Philadelphia, start at art museum, then broad street, end in Olde City
3:00 - Trolley drop off at Curtis Quick walk through/rehearsal @ Curtis Center
3:30 - Ketubah signing
3:30 Trolley pick-up at Omni
4:00 - guests arrive
4:15 ceremony begins

So as you can see, from the time our photographers/videographers arrived, I was supposed to be getting dressed 15 minutes later. Yeah, I was no where near ready.

Here's where I was when they arrived:


I am trying to stay calm, but I know all I'm thinking about is the time. 
You can see my stress levels a bit higher here... 
I seriously think I look like I'm on the verge of tears here.  Nothing serious to panic about, but yet so much stress! 

My bridesmaids found ways to amuse themselves while waiting to get some pictures in their robes
 Since I was no where near ready to get dressed, the girls took some photos with my dress in their robes:


I hopped in for a few pictures before putting the finishing touches on my make-up:


I checked out my bridal look for the first time all day:
The first time really feeling like a bride. 
And posing with my fabulous makeup artist, Danielle.  
 You might think it was now time to get dressed, but no, not yet... because one thing I didn't account for in the schedule was the gift exchange between me and Mr. Ly. Around 12:30 (note: 15 minutes AFTER I was supposed to be dressed), there was knock on the door...


I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment