Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Next Stop, Broad Street!

After our photos alone, we hopped on the trolley and headed out into Philly to take some photos around town.  We didn't get many photos on the trolley, but it served the purpose of transporting our large bridal party around town in comfort and style.

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer unless noted:
Personal Photo - We had just gotten on the trolley, the only time we shared a seat

This is what I looked like most of the time on the trolley - keeping my ever increasingly sore feet UP! 

The rest of the bridal party found lots of ways to keep themselves busy on the trolley. 
 The photo plan was to drive out to the Art Museum, since it was the furthest away from our venue, and then head back closer to Olde City.  My thought process was I really wanted the photos at the Art Museum and Broad Street. If we didn't get a ton of shots in Olde City, I was ok with that. The trolley had to drive right past the Broad Street stop to get to the Art Museum, and when we were stopped at the light, it was virtually empty.  We made the quick decision to stop at Broad Street first, then head out to the Art Museum.

Our decision paid off, we got some amazing shots on a nearly empty street.






The plan was for the photos on Broad Street to be just us.  Especially after reading Mrs. Turkey's post about how crowded it can get on the median.  Well, I'm not sure I communicated that clearly to our photographers, or they wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous setting, but the next thing I knew, my entire bridal party was on the median with us.

We got some really great shots, but it was nearly impossible to get a shot where you could see the entire bridal party - and some of our bridal party nearly got taken out by passing cars. The guys had to jump in the back to be seen, and we actually didn't get a shot where we could see everyone. But we came close.

Blurry groomsmen

This was one of the closest, but the best man can't be seen. 

Our bridal party on the left looks like they are about to get side swiped

Another close one, but we're missing a groomsman in the back.  
I am glad we have these photos, they are gorgeous.  And I love how empty the city looks, it really looks like we have the whole street to ourselves. But it probably wasn't worth the risk of nearly losing some of our bridal party to oncoming traffic!

Next, we eventually make it to the Art Musuem!



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment