Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Bridal Details & the "Somethings"

Before we get to our first look, I want to share with you my bridal details and my "somethings."

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer

Bridal details: 

I used to love my shoes.  When I first bought them they fit perfectly, of course before I was pregnant, and I didn't spend enough time breaking them in before the wedding.  After about an hour and a half in them, I was near tears just taking a step. But before I put them on, they looked so nice:

Enzo Angiolini shoes - Mollinia style in gray suede 
 My dress, as I mentioned before, is Monique Lhullier Bliss, style 0915.




My DIY bride hanger that I made for my bridesmaid's wedding back in the summer that she graciously let me use for myself:



I had so much jewelry that day,  I had my "bridal" jewelry that I wore for all the pictures and ceremony which included my mom's pearls, my new earrings, and Mrs. Sunhat's bracelet. My reception jewelry I had my Kate Spade bow earrings & Mrs. necklace, and for the day-after I had my new monogram necklace which was a Christmas gift from my FIL. Not all the jewelry made it into the pictures, but you can get the general idea! 



My flowers. Sigh... I'm still a little bit obsessed with my bouquet. You all remember my hangry bridezilla freakout where I thought I wouldn't get ranunculous?  Well, I got my flowers, and I could not have loved them any more. Our florist, Penny's Flowers, did an incredible job on all our flowers, but these were by far my favorite. 


My Somethings

Something Old: I wanted to carry something that was important to my family history, something from each of my grandmothers, and something that I could easily attach to the bouquet.  It was the fashion back in the day when my parents were born for a mother to have a charm necklace or bracelet with a charm for each of their kids, with their names and birthdays on it.  Both of my grandmothers had their charms for my parents and offered them to me to add to my bouquet. I love that I had tokens that represented both my grandmothers and my parents on my bouquet.


Something New: I had a lot of new things on me the day of my wedding: my dress, my shoes, a lot of my jewelry. But if I had to pick the newest thing I had on, it would have to be my earrings from Mr. Ly that I had received just that morning.


Something Borrowed: Last post, I showed you the bracelet I borrowed from Mrs. Sunhat, and the pearls I borrowed from my mom.  Another borrowed tradition I continued the day of the wedding were my bees, which you've seen in many other bloggers posts. Mine came from the sweet Mrs. Coach, and I was so happy to have a piece of the hive with me on my wedding day.


Something Blue: When I first started blogging, I shared that my something blue would be my ring. I never added anything else blue to my attire or jewelry that day, so my something blue remains as my engagement ring, a blue diamond.

Mr. Ly's ring with my wedding band and my "something blue" engagement ring 


I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment