Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Easy Like Sunday Morning

Wedding morning.  I awoke early (6/6:30 ish?) due to not really being able to sleep, and unfortunately, not feeling 100%.  Up until this point I had a relatively painless, enjoyable first trimester.  But, leave it to me to throw up not once or twice but THREE times the morning of my wedding. It wasn't nerves or nausea, but I spent a good chunk of the first hour I was awake throwing up bile (sorry, TMI).  Once I had some coffee and some carbs in me, I was good to go.

The sun was rising, and it was looking like it was going to be the perfect day.

All photos personal



I wrote my final post as a Miss while the hair and makeup artists set up in the penthouse.  Hair was provided by Nichole of I Do Updos, who I can not recommend enough, and makeup was done by a family friend who doesn't have a webpage to share with you, but if there are any Philly/South Jersey brides looking for amazing make-up, I highly recommend Danielle. Just message me, and I can send you her information!

By 8 AM, my bridesmaids, mother, & mother-in-law had started to arrive for our morning of hair and make-up. It was only just beginning, but I knew the morning was going to be over in a flash.

Deciding to get ready in the penthouse proved to be the best decision we made, there were 2 hairdressers, 2 makeup artists, plus myself, nine bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and little one running around, it got crowded (and warm!) very fast, even between the three rooms. It was great to have the space to spread out.  We really only used two of the rooms, the third being the bedroom we reserved for when I got dressed.

The conference room served as the hair room
My mom and sister get their hair done
Bridesmaid Sarah brought the hanger that I made for her wedding to use with my dress!  
My finished hair!
The main room was the all-purpose room, the two make-up artists set up against the wall, and we just spread out throughout the huge space - listening to music, painting nails, enjoying an easy Sunday morning, just getting ready for a wedding. 

Getting our makeup done and you can see the hoodies that I mentioned in the last post
My adorable niece was a perfect angel all morning!
Last minute pedicures before hair and makeup 
As I knew would happen, the morning flew by. Before I knew it, the flowers had been delivered, our photographers and videographers were knocking on the door, and things were starting to get real!  Panic started to set in between noon  and the 1 o'clock hour, mostly for fear of falling off schedule. But before all the panic and rush of the day set in, an easy and relaxing morning spent with great friends and family was the perfect way to get this one-of-a-kind Sunday started.


I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment