Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Gifts of Love

The last post ended with a knock on the door to the penthouse.  I couldn't really imagine who it would be, it was almost 12:30, everyone who needed to be in the suite was there, but in walks two of the groomsmen bearing 2 dozen roses, an 8x10 photograph of Mr. Ly, & a little green box (which I know by it's wrapping comes from our jeweler).  In the middle of all the planning and scheduling, I totally forgot that we'd be exchanging gifts that morning.  Luckily, I had already put most of Mr. Ly's gift together.

I mean who doesn't want an 8x10 framed photo of their soon-to-be husband? 
I'm explaining the rules of my gift - the card, and everything enclosed is for Mr. Ly's EYES ONLY. 
 Yes, I did a boudoir shoot for Mr. Ly's gift. I had bought and booked the appointment before I was pregnant, but decided to go ahead with it anyway.  I was only 12 weeks, and when you have your hair and makeup all done, how can you not feel sexy.  I embraced the pregnancy curves and got some great shots.

Showing the girls the gift
 The pictures are really not risque or anything, but I didn't have a great experience with the studio where I did my shoot (it's been over 3.5 months since my shoot and I still don't have my 5 edited photos), but I was able to give Mr. Ly a low-res picture from the shoot. Hopefully I can post about them before recaps are over. 


Love Mr. Ly's sister's reaction
Mr. Ly followed my request, and opened his card/picture out in the hall.  
I, on the other hand, had a full audience 





 For the rest of his gift, I got him cufflinks, which matched the ones he got for his groomsmen in theme:


Aperture Science Cuff links from the video game Portal 
Mr. Ly got me a gorgeous pair of pearl earrings

 Once the gifts were exchanged and opened, it was finally time to get dressed!



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

I panicked when the morning went by too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment