Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: A Blissful Bride

Once gifts were exchanged, I was ready to finally get dressed. It was ten to one, and we were really behind schedule. I wanted to get my dress on, and get to our much anticipated first look, but there was still a small hurdle to get through - my mother was no where to be found. I had requested she be back in the room by 12:30, at 12:47 she was still no where to be found. After a few terse phone calls and a minor freak out, every one was where they should be and I was ready to put on my dress.

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer

Due to the pregnancy, my body had been changing like crazy.  I had my final fitting about a week and a half before the wedding, which was perfect. However, I was really nervous that despite it fitting a week before, it was not going to fit that day.
All I'm thinking is "please zip, please zip." 



My face says it all - something along the lines of "If this dress doesn't zip..." 



Once my dress zipped, and I could breathe a sigh of relief, I got my shoes on and accessorized.

Now it's time for some accessories, I'm all smiles - my mom's pearls
Putting on my new earrings from Mr. Ly
You may recognize one of my "Somethings" - a borrowed bracelet from Mrs. Sunhat
Once I was fully dressed and accessorized, there was the final touch.  My veil.  I never blogged about my veil, but I absolutely love it. It's cathedral length with an embroidered scalloped edge, and it completed my bridal look.

The look is complete with my veil
Checking out my full bridal look

I'm so ready to go to see my groom! 

Posing with my parents

And then I was ready for our first look!  I vaguely remember handing off a bunch of stuff to some of my bridesmaids to make sure they got it to the trolley, but all I was focused on was getting myself out that door and across the street to see Mr. Ly!



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment