Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh my god. Shoes.

Anytime, Mr. Ly or myself says "shoes" the other immediately responds with "let's get some shoes." which inevitably leads us to the viral video seen here:
Shoes - the full version - by liamkylesullivan / via YouTube

So, if you watch the video or just skip to about 3 minutes in, you'll see the part where the saleswoman says: "Um, these run kinda small.  I don't think they're gonna fit. I mean your feet are kinda big." STORY OF MY LIFE. 

I have long passed my obsession with shoes, due to the fact that shoes I love, shoes that are cute, shoes that people covet - don't fit my feet.  I still ogle really beautiful shoes, but I never ever buy them. It's one splurge I don't have to even worry about tempting me. 

Here are some shoes I love: 
Kate Spade - Lisa 
Kate Spade - Didi (no longer available)
Badgley Mischka - Randall 
(of course, 2 out of 3 are Kate Spade!)

So, you can see, I have high-end tastes when it comes to what I like, but sadly none of these shoes will fit my feet.  My feet are the bane of my existence.  They are long and wide - which makes shoe shopping a nightmare!  If I had just average sized wide feet - I'd be ok with that, and could order up a size for the added width.  Or if I had long feet but of average width - that'd be cool by me too.  But no, my size 10 Wide feet do not fit into most shoes.  Most designers don't make wide shoes, and even if I buy the 11, which may fit, they are probably still too narrow and end up pinching my toes. Not good for walking, or dancing, or general happiness. 

One thing I do not want to think about on my wedding day is how much my feet hurt, which is something I think about on a regular basis. However, I love the look of colored heels adding a pop of color, and how they make such visually stimulating images: 

Navy and green elegant wedding 14-2
bride

Since I want blue shoes, and I'm not willing to stuff my feet into pretty little designer shoes, I'm going to shop for some wide-width options available online. (Have you ever tried shoe shopping for wide shoes in a department store? I swear they treat me like a leper!) 
I know there are wide options on websites like Zappos and other online shoe stores. But when I did a search for dress shoes available in a wide-with in blue - the results were less than inspiring. There were a total of 22 results, and 3 matched the idea of what I had in mind.  Kind of. 
Bouquets Mona on Zappos.com
RSVP Fran on Zappos.com
RSVP Perfect on Zappos.com

 Really, shoes don't matter that much to me, but more because I've resigned myself to the fact that shoes are more of a pain in the ass (foot - really) to shop for, and I can't go to a store to try them on, so I might as well just suck it up and buy something online.  While my dream shoes are really pretty - I know that my shoes will get me down the aisle, and probably save me a pretty penny too! I have some time before I need them, but I don't see my options getting any closer to what I'd like versus what is available to me. 

Anyone else have hard-to-shop-for feet? Any good online/in-store suggestions for shoe shopping I might not have considered? 

No comments:

Post a Comment