Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Blues (and Greys!)

A long, long time ago, I told you about how my bridesmaids were all choosing their own dresses, own style, designer, and color - so long as it was blue (not bright or pastel), or charcoal grey.

Well, all the girls have made their choices, and I couldn't be more pleased with the variety of the selection.  I did end up with a good variety of colors, fabrics, shapes, and styles.  I think it will look great when it's all together.  Here is a rough idea of what it will look like:

MOH Diane chose a Badgley Mischka Navy & Silk Sheer Chiffon Gown, she got it for a steal off of Rue La La, and it fits her like a dream:
Image via RueLaLa (no longer available) 
My sister, Liz, originally bought a dress from Ideeli, but it didn't fit her the way she wanted, so one of Mr. Ly's sisters is going to wear it (you'll see that below).  My mom and I went shopping and found her a few options, she chose the one from Nordstrom Rack, also at a steal (noticing a trend here?)
Adrienna Papell Draped Chiffon Dress in Blue Violet  via Nordstrom (no longer available)
BM Alissa will be wearing a Bill Levkoff strapless taffeta gown, in Indigo:

Bill Levkoff Bridesmaid Dress Style 187
Debbie will be wearing Alfred Angelo, style 7166, and it just came in this weekend - so I got to go with her to pick it up - and I snagged a picture of her in the dress!

Personal Photo

Linda will be wearing a Monique Lhuillier bridesmaid dress from Nordstrom in summer navy:

ML Monique Lhuillier Bridesmaid V Neck Gown
I also got to go dress shopping with one of Mr. Ly's sisters, Elizabeth, for her dress, and got a picture of her in it before she bought it! She will be wearing White by Vera Wang, style VW360059, in charcoal.

Personal Photo

Jenna got an Alfred Angelo dress as well, style 7006, in Indigo (which is a MUCH different shade of blue than Bill Levkoff's Indigo!)
Alfred Angelo 7006 in Indigo 
Sarah will be wearing the dress she tried on the very first time we went dress shopping, and is the long navy version of the dress I wore in her wedding a few weeks ago.

Alfred Angelo 7041 in Navy
And last, but certainly not least, is Mr. Ly's youngest sister, Katie.  She is going to be wearing the dress my sister had originally bought from Ideeli, and luckily she loves the dress, so it's a win-win situation for everyone!
Max & Cleo one shoulder satin dress from Ideeli (no longer available)
I do have a backup dress just in case something happens, and one of the dresses doesn't turn out right.  I found a Dessy charcoal grey dress for $25 at a sidewalk sale, and figured it was too good to pass up. So in case something happens between now and January, and any of my ladies need a back-up dress - I have this one:
Personal Photo 

Dessy 2793  not in this color - (no longer available) 

So there you have the line up of dresses! I was nervous about how they might all turn out, but I am extremely pleased with how it turned out, the variety, and the styles.  I think they will all look gorgeous!

What do you think of my ladies selections, hive? Am I crazy for buying a back-up?  Has anyone else had a surprising success letting their ladies choose their own dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment