Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Going Postal

Lots of bees have posted about the joys of getting mail.

This week has brought a lot of exciting things our way via the post office.  First, we got a thank you card from the tuxedo place we visited this week and put a deposit down to secure the guy's apparel. I thought that was a super nice touch, especially because a lot of vendors, once they have your deposit, they don't contact you unless necessary!  I'm not saying they have to, but it was a really nice touch to get a handwritten note, from the guy we met with, and just makes me feel really good about using a small town vendor, rather than a big store chain.

Wednesday, we arrived home from our exciting engagement shoot (I wish I had a teaser or something to show you, hopefully soon!!) to find an invitation to my little brother's wedding.


This is a special wedding, not only because it's my brother's wedding, but also because it will be the last wedding we attend as Mr. & Miss!  When we attend this wedding, we will be weeks from sending our invites! Which brings me to more exciting mail - well email - (that counts, right?), we have received and approved our final proofs for our invitations and they are being processed as we speak.  Sending that final approval was like the moment when it gets real!

But none of these items in the mail really compare to getting the mail when it contains your shower invitation! That is exactly what came for me in the mail on Monday, and although my shower is not a surprise, I was a bit surprised to get an invitation in the mail.  Mostly because when I asked my MOH if I was going to get one, she definitely told me no.  So I was not expecting it. (I guess they did manage to surprise me after all!)  Turns out there was a bit of a misunderstanding as to whether or not I should get an invitation, and my sister (who sent them) figured I would snoop (ehm, research) my way into finding my mom's or one of my other bridesmaid's invites, so she saved me the time.  And I was TOTALLY caught off gaurd, and beyond pleased.

I am totally in love with my shower invites, and so impressed with how perfectly my ladies know me, and captured what I will L.O.V.E. for my shower:


Look at that awesome chevron striped back, and the amazing etsy store that created it!
Here it is!  Displayed on my fridge, I hate to blur it, but it's still gorgeous! 
 I am so excited about my shower, I can hardly wait the month until it's here. The fact that it combines two of my greatest loves - champagne and books - just adds to my anticipation!  I know I am way biased but how incredible are these invites?

Anyone else have an exciting week of mail? Do you think a bride should get an invite to her own shower if it's not a surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment