Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just One

I'm not holding out on you, hive. I promise.  I only got ONE picture back from our engagement session (that we just took on Wednesday this week - our photographer is not a slacker!)

So yesterday, I was lamenting not having a teaser picture to show you from our engagement shoot. And maybe an hour or two after posting that, Mr. Ly got an email from Mike Landis with a picture!!!  I immediately made him forward the email to me, and it went up on Facebook seconds later.  I'm obsessed, I've made it the lock-screen on my phone, and I've probably looked at it a hundred times.

So... you wanna see it?

Image via Mike Landis Photography
A couple of things about this photo.  First, Mr. Ly thinks he looks silly, which I'm not saying he doesn't... but it was how Mike told him to pose. I think it's amazing.  He's flexing or something, and while, it's not how we would ever pose for a picture, it just captures how much FUN we had during our entire shoot. (Mr. Ly I think was secretly hoping to see one of the photos he suggested we take, but he will have to wait patiently. Just like me.)

Second,  I am amazed at our photographer's eye.  Yes, he's a professional, and yes, this is what he does for a living - but he looks at things and sees backgrounds for cool shots, not a smelly boardwalk public bathroom (it didn't actually smell, but I bet it did inside!) - which is where this photo took place.   Who would ever know that? No one. And it created such a cool backdrop for our picture.  We stopped at so many different places, leaned up against lots of walls, even sipped a milkshake at a retro-style diner (I can not WAIT to see those!).  I am so glad that we did the engagement shoot, as it really helped us be comfortable in front of the camera and reassured us that we really did make the best choice when it came to choosing our photographer.

As you can tell, this one was from our casual portion of the shoot.  We had our formal pictures taken first, all around the hotel, which was an incredible back-drop for our Mad Men theme.  Then, we went back to our room (one of the benefits of shooting at a hotel you are staying at - you can change comfortably!) and changed into our casual outfits. We took some pictures on the boardwalk (my heels kept slipping between the boards - look at how thin those bad boys are!), a few on the beach and then finished up at the diner down the street.  Time just flew by while we were shooting, and I know waiting to see them is going to be the hardest part!

Despite how nervous I was before the shoot, I am so glad we did it.  We got a chance to work with our photographer before our wedding, relax  in front in the camera, and will have a pretty awesome set of photos to incorporate into the wedding.

Who else was nervous pre-photo session and ended up having a blast at their engagement shoot? How did you manage to wait patiently for your pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment