Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Wedding Day Tears

When we got back on the trolley after our photos at the art museum, my feet were throbbing.  And I could feel myself heading towards miserable Miss Lyre.  I was doing my best to keep smiling and keep my feet up. As we neared our venue, and passed it, I resigned myself that we would be taking just one more set of pictures and I COULD DO THIS.

So we pull around to the Philadelphia Merchant's Exchange, which is the oldest stock exchange building in the country, and has a gorgeous architectural structure and cobblestone paved paths leading up to it.  I didn't think much about how cobblestone would be my downfall, until it was way too late.

I cried one time on my wedding day.  It wasn't walking down the aisle, during my vows, or when I saw Mr. Ly for the first time, either. It wasn't at the end of the night, when all the wedding stress was relieved and it was all over.  It was outside in Olde City, in front of a gorgeous old historical building, standing by myself trying to smile.

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer

A great shot of the entire bridal party
We took some more pictures of just us: 




Then Mike says, "Walk out on the cobblestone a bit." 

As long as Mr. Ly was there, and I could balance a bit on him, I was ok. 
I think I kept saying, "My feet hurt so bad, you have no idea how bad this hurts."
All was ok, until Mr. Ly walked away so I could get some shots by myself.  This was NOT my idea.  Standing out there by myself, with my throbbing feet, trying to balance on the cobblestone, I managed ONE picture before the tears started.  I turned to my soon-to-be husband and said, "GET ME OFF OF HERE."

One picture before the tears.
While I was re-composing myself, Mr. Ly had some shots taken. 



Once I was tear-free, I took some bridal portraits. Serious shots were not a problem anymore.
This was how I felt. Not Happy. 
Through the veil shot 
At least my makeup stayed in tact! 
So if there's a lesson to take away from this it's that I should always choose comfort over cute - at least when it comes to shoes. And especially if there are lots of steps to climb and cobblestones involved.  Thankfully, we were done with our photos around the city and we were heading to the venue.  


I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style

No comments:

Post a Comment