Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Ceremony Details

We arrived at the venue to find our DOC, Emily, and our maitre d/ butler, Larry, waiting for us at the door. I'll talk more about them later when I do my vendor reviews, but while I know it's part of their job, from the moment we arrived Emily and Larry made me & Mr. Ly feel like we were royalty. Anything we wanted, they were going to make it happen. No matter what.

We entered through the Walnut St. side entrance and right into the bridal suite.  The first thing I did?  If you've been following along it should be no surprise, I took off my shoes and put my slippers from the morning back on.  Thankfully, I had the sense to pack them before we left the hotel, they were my saving grace.

I can not begin to even describe how beautiful the Atrium looked when we arrived, so I will let the photographs do the talking for me:

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer

The full ceremony space - with our rabbi under the Chuppah getting prepared

A tall arrangement of baby's breath was at each end of the long aisle and would later double as centerpieces

My quick DIY programs to match our invitation suite, one side had the processional and the other had a note to our family and friends.

Floral detail decorating the corners of the Chuppah

The Chuppah

Did you notice? We got the chandeliers after all. 
 Our ceremony space was very simple but from the chandeliers to the monochromatic look of the space, it was everything I wanted and could have imagined. The chuppah was still standing (yay!) and was decorated simply, the white drapes were billowing softly, and the chandeliers twinkled above like candles floating above us. It took my breath away.  If there is one thing I am so thankful for it's that my first choice venue was being renovated when we got married and I had to open my eyes to a new vision - one I could have never dreamed of for my wedding in a million years.

We didn't rehearse the day before, so we did a quick run through with our DOC and Rabbi. Mostly so people knew where to stand, and when to walk.  It took all of 15 minutes.

My parents practice walking me down the aisle
Mr. Ly and I walk down the aisle the final time BEFORE we become husband & wife. 
 After our quick rehearsal, we were swept back into the bridal suite for our Ketubah signing and a little more time off my feet before the main event got started!

Did anyone else rehearse right before their ceremony? Or skip the rehearsal all together?



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style.
shed tears of pain at our final photo stop in Olde City

No comments:

Post a Comment