Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Oh Baby!

Right after our ceremony ended, Mr. Ly and I headed outside to take some photos just the two of us.  I was hoping to get some sunset photos, but I think the timing was just a little off.  It was still great light outside and we took our gender reveal photos that we were going to use for our thank you note once we found out if Baby Lyre was a boy or girl.

I hunted long and hard for shoes I wanted to use for the shoot, they had to be distinguishable boy or girl shoes to make the photo work. In the end I found some cute blue sneakers and some sparkly pink shoes.  I think the blue shoes actually photographed better, so lucky us that Baby Lyre is a boy!

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer

We took a few pictures of just us in the park, before adding the shoes into the mix:


For some reason, we took a lot more shots with the pink shoes than the blue ones.  We have two shots with us holding the blue shoes, and at least six shots holding the pink ones.  Maybe our photographer thought we were going to have a girl?

If Baby Lyre had been a girl, we would have had a lot more shots to choose from! 
 I am so glad we took these shoe shots on the bench:
As you saw, we used the shot in the middle, and added our own text to it. 
Once the baby pictures were taken care of, we shuffled off to an alley across the street for some more pictures (I say shuffled because at this point I was wearing my slippers and that is exactly how I was walking):






 Before heading inside to our cocktail hour, we made one more stop outside the Curtis Center to take just a few more pictures:
This one is somewhat reminiscent of our engagement photo in the hotel hallway


I am grateful for the photos we had for the gender reveal, our guests loved them in our thank you notes, and we got to spend some time after our ceremony without anyone else.  I wouldn't have wanted to do all our photos after the ceremony, but spending a half hour was the perfect amount of time before heading into to our extra-long cocktail hour!



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style.
shed tears of pain at our final photo stop in Olde City
The ceremony space and details took our breath away when we arrived for a quick rehearsal.
We were officially married under Jewish law when we signed our Ketubah.
Guests were seated and the bridal party got our ceremony started.
I got a little emotional for my walk down the aisle.
We did not take our eyes off each other in our traditional Jewish ceremony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment