Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I am not a liar, but I am MISS LYRE.

Hello hive!

When I got my email from Pengy, accepting me to be a blogger, I thought this was too good to be true.  I must have re-read that email 20 times to make sure it didn't get sent to me by accident!  But here I am, and I can't even describe how happy I am to be here.

We are the Lyres, even though we really and truly are terrible liars.

Who are the Lyres? 

Our most recent photo, May 2012, at a Weird Al concert.  We are such geeks. 



I am Miss Lyre, an elementary school librarian during the week, and a teen librarian for a public library, part-time.  And despite having 3 jobs when Mr. Ly & I started dating - I am NOT a workaholic.  When I am not working, I love brunch, reading (mostly YA stuff), rocking out to my favorite tunes, champagne, & the Phillies.  I used to blog many years ago, when I was a serial dater living in NYC, and while I don't miss the dating - I did miss blogging a ton. A wedding blog was the perfect outlet, right after Mr. Ly proposed. I love word-play, and puns, and other grammatical nerdy things. And more than anything, I deeply, whole heartedly love Mr. Ly.

The Lyres celebrating their engagement, with champagne, of course! 11/11/11
Mr. Ly is a government employee and is a blogger himself for a geeky website where he does movie reviews. His love for off-beat t-shirts (trust me - you will see MANY them, as he wears them ALL.THE.TIME and are in all of my pictures) is only matched by his love for all things gaming.  He is a video gamer, a board gamer, and a card gamer.  He even has gotten me to appreciate games a bit more, and there will be nods to some of our favorite games at our wedding.
One of the MANY t-shirts you'll get to see over time.
Together we're just two crazy kids in love, planning a wedding, and trying to have as much fun along the way.

The Lyre wedding is sure to be full of our own personalities, some DIY elements, and mostly lots and lots of love.

Why Lyres?  


I didn't really think about an icon until after I sent in my Weddingbee application. When the fairy tale generation was first announced, I was still about 11 months out and didn't think twice about them.  Once I hit submit on that fateful email, things got real. At that point there were 9 icons in the fairy tale generation left, and I immediately ranked them. I love word-play, so I wanted a icon that could have multiple meanings.  While being a liar isn't something you want to associate yourself with,  I love it.  Mr. Ly and I are TERRIBLE liars, I turn about a million shades of red if I even think about telling a lie, and Mr. Ly is the most honest person I have ever met. Beyond honest to a fault,  he is the epitome of honesty.  Also, Mr. Ly and I both are very lyrical people - we have been know to analyze song lyrics for over an hour in the car. Lyre quickly became my number one choice.

With 5 bees announced between the time I sent in my application and my acceptance, I was sure Lyre would be taken (I had 2 back-ups just in case!) But surprisingly not, apparently I'm the only one who wants to be the Lyre! So here we are - Mr. & Miss Lyre ready to share our wedding with you, one blog post at a time.

And with that, I'll leave you with a short video I created, and a preview of Mr. & Miss Lyre's story to come.



All images in video & blog are personal, except our engagement photos in the video courtesy of Parker Lane Photography.  Music - "January Wedding" by the Avett Brothers.

1 comment: