Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Big Bang

Hive, if you saw me on the street a few years ago, you might not recognize me now. My hairstyle circa 2006 until about last year has changed numerous times in length, but the one thing that remained the same:

BANGS!  / Personal Photo
From super short to long - I've had bangs for the past 5 years until I decided it was time to grow them out.  Why the big change you might ask?

Well I wanted to go from this:
Shaggy Dog Look / Personal Photo 
to something more elegant, like

Photo by: Elizabeth Messina on Snippet and Ink via Lover.ly

or this


wedding hair
Photo by: Erich McVey on Wedding Chicks via Lover.ly


I decided to grow out my bangs for the wedding.  I actually decided to start growing them out before I had a wedding date set, so my hair has been growing and growing for about a year now. And now my hair looks like this most days,
Gratuitous picture of my gorgeous niece and I, consultng about the atrocity which is my hair / Personal Photo
or like this, if I'm lucky, 
I have no idea how I achieved this look, but my mom looks pretty surprised by it!  / Personal Photo 
The point I'm trying to get to here is my hair is messy, all the time, unless I really style it.  And I'm tired of it. It's long, and heavy, and I am longing for my days of short hair and bangs. I'm counting down the DAYS until I can chop my hair - even if there are ~200 days to go... 

This is one bee who will have a PWC (with bangs returning, possibly??) scheduled as soon as I can following the wedding. 

Anyone else sacrifice a style you came to love for the sake of hair for your wedding day?  Do you think I should get my bangs back after the wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment