Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Showered with Love, one last time.

This will probably be the last post I make before the big day, with 3 days to go, time is of the essence.  We are looking at a fantastic wedding weekend - weather wise. Philadelphia will be in the mid to upper 40's all weekend, and loads of sunshine.  We've dropped off all our stuff to the caterer, so it's just fun stuff like manicures & pedicures, shopping (who still doesn't have an outfit for the rehearsal?? This girl.), and wrapping up our last minute gifts for our bridal party and parents.  So much to do, so little time.  But I do have time to share with you one last pre-wedding event that I had recently!

Last week, my fantastic colleagues and friends threw me a super sweet school shower.  I was almost completely surprised, but someone accidentally left the notice folded up on my desk... I thought it was a note for me from a student or a teacher, so I opened it.. and well, that was it for the surprise  We were just a few days away - and I hadn't been snooping or anything!  I had so much on my mind that I hadn't really thought about it.  I guess I knew it was coming - everyone at school gets a shower for their first marriage.  But I hadn't put too much thought into it at all.  I played along very convincingly and most people at school still think I was very much surprised.  (Turns out I will turn bright red even at the thought of being the center of attention for that long - so it worked well in our favor.)

The fantastic hostesses (and you can see where I work all day!) 

Delicious cookie cake! 

Cutting the cake


Mr. Ly surprised me by showing up halfway through the shower! (horrible photo - but the only photographic proof I have that he was there!)  
It was truly a spectacular shower, and I was so touched by the kindness and generosity that my co-workers showed us.  It's wonderful working with people who want to share in your happiness, and really, genuinely care.

So, bees, think warm and sunny thoughts for the Lyre wedding this weekend! Anyone have any good shopping tips for where I can look for a rehearsal dress (doesn't have to be white)?

No comments:

Post a Comment