Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

And in January... we got married!

January Wedding by The Avett Brothers on Grooveshark
Last Sunday was a beautiful day in Philadelphia - highs in the 50's (!!), sun shining all day long, unseasonably mild for January (my research paid off!).  It was a perfect wedding day - and Mr. Ly and I had the best day ever.  There were things that didn't go as planned, sure, and there was an hour or so in the middle of the day where I wanted to absolutely saw my pinky toes off because I chose cute shoes over comfort (note to future brides: be kind to your feet, you will be on them for a LONG time. Consider this in your shoe choices.), but at the end of the day, all the food (and there was so.much.food!) had been eaten, cakes cut, photos shot, and dances danced - we were blissfully tired and basking in the glow of being married. We mini-mooned in Jamaica, and now we're back in a much colder Philadelphia than we left, ready to start this exciting chapter of our lives.

I am anxiously awaiting our professional pictures, and as with our engagement photos, our photographer has given us just one picture to hold us over until the rest are ready:
Right after our first look - Photo via Mike Landis Photographer
(I don't know who called us out in the comment section, but I love the WB shout out on our photographer's blog - thanks!)

There is so much I want to share with you all, I obviously owe you a dress post (coming soon, I promise!), and there are some last minute details and some honeymoon shots I'd love to share, as well.  I promise I won't be a stranger between now and the recaps!

Thanks for all the loving wishes on our wedding day, it was great having the kindness of the 'bee with me that day!

xo,
MRS. Lyre

No comments:

Post a Comment