Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Madly in Love: E-Pics Part 1

Finally!! I have e-pics to share with you.  As you may recall, we were going for a Mad Men themed photo shoot for our e-pics, and I really couldn't be happier with them.  We have so many to choose from, and the two different looks really are like two totally different shoots.  This one is definitely more Mad Men-esque, while the rest were more laid back, more traditional e-pics.

I was going for a Joan Halloway look - like this:

Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway / Image via AMC
This is how it turned out:
(all images below by Mike Landis Photographer)

I'm pretty pleased with how the hair & makeup turned out, although I'm mad I didn't go for the long lasting lipstick, after just a few kissing photos - it was totally gone. I need to find a good one for the wedding.
We started the photo shoot in the hotel room.  As I mentioned before, we had gotten a great deal on a penthouse room at the Chelsea Hotel in Atlantic City, which would serve as the backdrop for most of our photos.


Our next stop was the lounge bar:


A cool wall:

(a better shot at the wall/divider)

The lobby:

This couch is SUPER purple, but I love how it looks in this photo.  The one without the filter - it's almost blinding!
 Even the hallway provided a great backdrop. Mr. Ly really wanted to get a "wall" shot.  To him this is quintessentially Mad Men. 



One thing that I learned doing a themed photo shoot - it never turns out 100% how you imagine it in your mind. Which I think is good to remember going into the wedding - it's never going to be exactly how I plan it to be, but as long as we're having fun - who cares?

Next up:  We change into our casual outfits (seen here!) and hit the boardwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment