Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

On Bended Knee

VERY PICTURE HEAVY POST! You've been warned.

Before Mr. Lyre asked me to take that fateful walk with him, on a blustery November afternoon, I knew what was going to happen, and where. But that didn't make that day, that walk, that question, any less meaningful.

We were in NYC for a long weekend, staying in Brooklyn, experiencing all the best that Brooklyn has to offer. We stayed in an apartment in Williamsburg, which was such a great experience.

Thursday 11/10/11

Our AirBnB apartment / Personal Photo
At Pies-n-Thighs in Williamsburg, AMAZING. / Personal Photo
At Barcade / Personal Photo 

Friday 11/11/11

I could NOT sleep so I was up bright and early. Like 7am on my day off early. My manicure I had gotten two days prior looked terrible, so I was contemplating going out to the drugstore and doing my nails while Mr. Ly slept in (how he could sleep is beyond me - I guess I was excited enough for the both of us!) But, I didn't want to let on too much that I had any idea it was coming, so I lounged around, watched TV, checked Facebook until FINALLY he got up.  I was already dressed, hair straightened, make-up done. I was ready to go.  He still wasn't.  So I waited some more.

Finally, we left the apartment around 10 in search of some breakfast.  I was seriously stressing about my nails, so Mr. Ly suggested that I just get them redone (at this point he figured I knew something was up).  He needed to kill some time anyway, we weren't due at the bridge until about noon.

I got my nails done (and they were MUCH better) and had a delicious brunch at Juliette.
You can see how nice my nails look here! Personal Photo 
After brunch, Mr Ly suggested that we head over to the bridge. This.was.it.  I was so excited! The subway ride and walk there was an eternity. As we got on the bridge, I didn't notice, but there were a few photographers capturing our walk across:
 all photos below courtesy of ParkerLane Photography
Look at Mr. Ly, cheesin' for the camera. I was so oblivious.

He must have said something strange here, I'm giving him my "what are you talking about" face. 


We passed a bride & groom taking pictures, right before we got engaged! I.LOVE.THIS. 

Checking out the cars on the bridge. 

When we were just at the second tower, Mr. Ly pulled me over towards the side of the bridge.

He was so nervous. 
He was telling me the sweetest things here, and I am grinning  like such a fool! 
Then, he got on one knee, and asked me to be his wife:

Will you marry me? 

I'm clapping.  Yes, clapping. I was so unbelievably happy! 
Taking the ring out. 

Putting a ring on it! 
Can't stop smiling long enough even for a kiss! 

Mickey wanted in on the action. Notice his classy tip pouch and gang signs. 

Photo shoot on the bridge!



Playing with my new ring!

I don't think we stopped smiling for a second. 
 We had about an hour and a half long photo shoot all around Brooklyn Heights, which was such a great way to spend our first moments of being engaged. We didn't whip out our cell phones and start calling people, we just got to spend time together, being lovey-dovey for the camera, and grinning like fools. I'm so impressed that Mr. Ly did so much preparation to get these moments captured!









Our final shot of the day, and my favorite. 
 Finally, after being engaged for about 3 hours, we called our family and friends, and celebrated at Birerria (enclosed rooftop winery at Eataly, NYC)

We were treated to champagne and no wait for a table! We should get engaged everyday!
Personal Photo 
The rest of the weekend included dinner at my favorite restaurant in Brooklyn - JOYA, drinks at the Clover Club, celebratory brunch the next day at Home/Made. We headed back home Saturday, where Mr. Ly had arranged for our closest friends and family to meet us at a local bar (that's why we had to be home on Saturday!), to further the engagement celebration!

A gift from Mr. Ly's friend, a personalized a bottle of champagne, just for us!
Personal Photo
Looking back on it, it was such an incredible engagement, and perfect for me in every way possible.  Even though I knew the when & the where, Mr. Ly still managed to surprise me with all the details he put into planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment