Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: I Was Made For You

Once our bridal party had made their way in, Mr. Ly and I were ready to make our entrance and have our first dance as husband and wife. When I last blogged about our song choice for our first dance, we had picked "Colors" by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals.  As much as we love that song, we loved another one a lot more, and while we weren't sure the rhythm was right for our first dance - we decided to go with the song we liked the best - rhythm be damned. Our first dance was to Brandi Carlile's "The Story."  But before we could dance, we had to enter.

As you may recall from our introduction post, nearly a year ago, Mr. Ly has a t-shirt with a well known lyric from a popular Kanye West & Jay-Z song.  After our YouTube viral video bridal party entrance, we really shouldn't have been so concerned about offending people even more with our own entrance song.  But we chose a part of the song that had the least offensive lyrics that we could find.  Yes, we entered to N****s in Paris. (Warning - the lyrics are NSFW!) We entered at about 1 minute 40 seconds into the song - with Mr. Ly's favorite lyrics...

Niggas In Paris by Kanye West & Jay-Z on Grooveshark

What she order? 

We had so much fun with our entrance! 





At this point, I'm saying "Where is that rose petal entrance we were supposed to have??" 

Seconds later... Rose Petals! 



As the petals fell, our first dance song started.

The Story (Album Version) by Brandi Carlile on Grooveshark

All of these lines across my faceTell you the story of who I amSo many stories of where I've beenAnd how I got to where I amBut these stories don't mean anythingWhen you've got no one to tell them toI was made for you


I climbed across the mountaintopsTravel across the ocean blueI cross over lines and I broke all the rulesAnd baby I broke them all for you


Oh because even when I was flat brokeYou made me feel like a million bucksYou do, I was made for you. 



You see the smile that's on my mouthIt's hiding the words that don't come outAll of the friends who think that I'm blessedThey don't know I'm in this mess


No they don't know who I really amAnd they don't know what I've been throughLike you do, and I was made for you. 


All of these lines across my faceTell you the story of who I amSo many stories of where I've beenAnd how I got to where I am


Oh but these stories don't mean anythingWhen you've got no one to tell them toIt's true, I was made for youOh yeah, and it's true that I was made for you. 

We actually cut the song early, right before the 3 minute mark (it gets a little scream-y at that point and we always start laughing hysterically.) We thought 3 minutes was the perfect amount of time for a first dance anyway.  I tried to abide by the rabbi's ceremony rule here too, and not look anywhere but at Mr. Ly the entire time, which I almost managed. Except on my BM's was desperately trying to get my attention every time I was facing her direction.  Turns out, one of the rose petals landed on the top of Mr. Ly's head and was causing a distraction.  I brushed it off, and we resumed focusing on each other - singing along to the song and just marveling in our wedding thus far.  We couldn't have been happier. 



I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style.
shed tears of pain at our final photo stop in Olde City
The ceremony space and details took our breath away when we arrived for a quick rehearsal.
We were officially married under Jewish law when we signed our Ketubah.
Guests were seated and the bridal party got our ceremony started.
I got a little emotional for my walk down the aisle.
We did not take our eyes off each other in our traditional Jewish ceremony.
Post-ceremony photos were taken with some special gender pictures for our surprise!
Our extra-long cocktail hour was full of delicious food and drinks, and a controversial ice-sculpture.
Our ceremony space was flipped into an elegant reception space with gorgeous details.
The bridal party made their entrance to some very viral video tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment