Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Sunday Kind of Love: Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

All our guests made their way from our incredible cocktail hour into the gorgeous reception space, and were seated.  The bridal party was lined up outside the reception space behind the white curtains and waited for their cue to enter the party!

When Mr. Ly and I were deciding what our bridal party would walk in to, we knew we wanted it to be fun and have a lot of our own personality to it.  Before we started dating, I had maybe seen 1 or 2 viral videos on YouTube.  For the first few months of our relationship, Mr. Ly would send me "must-see" viral videos that I had missed throughout the years, and to this day, he's still finding them every once in a while. We decided our bridal party would walk in to a mix of our favorite viral video songs/autotune remixes.

My parents and Mr. Ly's parents entered first.  My dad LOVED the Numa Numa song, and while this was one video I actually saw before my relationship with Mr. Ly, we thought it was a perfect fit.

All photos by Mike Landis Photographer





For our bridal party we did a mix of Antoine Dodson - The Bed Intruder Remix, the cat playing piano, and Sweet Brown - Ain't Nobody Got Time for That.  You can listen to our DJ's remix of these songs below:




Travis and Katie start off the entrances with some Gangnam Style moves



Dan & Sarah

Bill & Jenna

Dan & Elizabeth

Mark & Linda

Kevin, Alissa, & Debbie

Dave & Liz

Mike & Diane

Our bridal party gathered after their entrance, waiting for us to make our way in! 
We didn't make it through the whole mix, I don't think. And most of it was underneath the DJ's introductions.  It may seem like an unconventional choice to be the first songs play, but it was only a brief part of our reception. Yes, a lot of the adults at the reception had no idea what the songs were, but our bridal party had a lot of laughs during the entrances;  it was just a really fun way to kick off our party!


I pre-capped our recaps with a big announcement!
Recaps began with our Same Day Edit video.
I needed to get some perspective the week of the wedding.
Personally brewed beers gave our rehearsal lunch a special touch!
I spent a fantastic last day as a Miss.
I shared some gifts for my bridesmaids. 
The girls spend an easy and relaxing morning getting made up.
The guys spent the morning building a chuppah and doing guy things.

panicked when the morning went by too fast.
We exchanged lovely notes and gifts on the wedding morning.
I put on my dress and became a Blissful Bride.
Bridal details and my "somethings" rounded out the wedding morning.
We had our not-so-private first look.
We took some silly pictures, just the two of us.
Broad Street gave us gorgeous shots, but we nearly lost some of bridal party in traffic.
The Lyres and their huge bridal party storm the art museum, Rocky style.
shed tears of pain at our final photo stop in Olde City
The ceremony space and details took our breath away when we arrived for a quick rehearsal.
We were officially married under Jewish law when we signed our Ketubah.
Guests were seated and the bridal party got our ceremony started.
I got a little emotional for my walk down the aisle.
We did not take our eyes off each other in our traditional Jewish ceremony.
Post-ceremony photos were taken with some special gender pictures for our surprise!
Our extra-long cocktail hour was full of delicious food and drinks, and a controversial ice-sculpture.
Our ceremony space was flipped into an elegant reception space with gorgeous details.

No comments:

Post a Comment