Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Lazy Ladies Weekend

A few weeks back, I had my bachelorette party.  While some girls dream of dressing up in fancy night clothes and having a night on the town drinking and dancing, this idea is far from appealing to me.  All I wanted for my bachelorette party was to spend a weekend with my favorite ladies, in a house in the mountains by a lake, just relaxing.  Good friends, good food, good times.  This was all I requested, and my MOH and bridesmaids did not disappoint.

The first weekend of December, 15 ladies traveled from Miami, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and the surrounding areas to the Poconos to spend a relaxing bachelorette weekend with me.  It was everything I wanted, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  We spent most of the weekend laying about in our comfy clothes & PJs, eating and drinking, chatting and catching up on all of our lives. We did make a day trip to the outlet shops to get out of the house for a bit, and paid homage to all bachelorette parties by watching Magic Mike.

We had gorgeous snowy scenes like this to wake up to in the morning:


We spent most of our time gathered in the kitchen around the island,
Or at the kitchen table
We didn't play any typical bachelorette party games, but there was plenty of Cards Against Humanity 
And there was about 15 minutes where I was donned with every single bachelorette veil/sash/tiara that has ever been worn by any/all of the girls.  It looked something like this:
I think I'm wearing 4 tiaras, 2 sashes, a veil, a badge, and a lei with an enormous bride chalice to drink out of - classy. 
So those are the highlights of my comfy, cozy bachelorette weekend, and while it's not the traditional bachelorette party - it was the best weekend ever, and I am so lucky to have the best friends anyone could ask for!

Anyone else have a non-traditional bachelorette party?

No comments:

Post a Comment