Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Save Our Date!

We had a tough time deciding how we wanted to Save the Date.  We had our pictures from our actual engagement, which were nice, and I definitely wanted to use them in some way, but  I didn't want a magnet with our pictures on it, or a postcard with our picture on it, or really anything else that was majorly just a picture of us as our Save the Date.  Not that I don't think our pictures are wonderful, I just wanted something different.

Luckily the internet is full of inspiration. 

Here were some ideas I fell in love with: 

DIY Save the Dates by WeddingChicks
I loved the ampersands, and the design is simple and classic.


Martha Stewart
I adore these calendar stickers by Martha Stewart (like Miss Dragon!) and I really wanted to find a way to use these somehow, but struggled long and hard with how to really make it work with our vision. 


Somethings Just Belong Together 
Chewing the Cud
I.LOVE.THIS but the concept was a little complicated do own our own, and the cost to order them was a bit beyond our budget.

Minted
We do love a good mustache.  

And it was a front runner for a long time, until we found an alternative that better suited us as a couple.  And was able to incorporate aspects of these, in our own way. 

Our big reveal of our Save the Dates is coming up soon, but first, what do you think of our inspiration?  

No comments:

Post a Comment