Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Groomsmen need love too!

So everyone talks about how they asked their bridesmaids to be in their wedding, and with good reason - it's an important question! But, the Groomsmen often get overlooked in the process. And I admit that when I presented my idea to Mr. Ly, he scoffed at the idea.  He basically said he just wanted to ask them, nothing more.  I at LEAST wanted a card to go with it.  So, knowing  Mr. Ly, his friends and their fondness for Star Wars, I went straight for the jugular.  I went on a search for something that would appeal to his taste.  I found a card on Wedding Paper Divas
Wedding Paper Divas


I thought this was PERFECT.  And, thankfully, Mr. Ly was on board.  However, with personalization, and everything for our 8 Groomsman, it was a bit beyond our budget.

So I got crafty! I designed the layout for the front on Microsoft Word, using simple shapes and text boxes.

Used value pack cardstock, $5 from AC Moore.
Printed on our home printer for the cost of black ink and viola:


The back has our names and wedding date on it.

I LOVE how they came out, and love even more that we didn't have to pay much for them.  I'm a fan of using inspiration to create things on my own, but this makes me feel guilty for taking a design idea that doesn't belong to me. I would never sell or market these as mine, and I'm giving credit where credit's due, I just can't shake my guilty conscious!

What do you think, Hive? Should I have paid more for a clear conscious?

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute!!! I didn't know that he gave that to all his groomsmen. I LOVE it! And there is no shame in saving money!

    ReplyDelete