Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

100 Days as a Miss.

Well, it's about that time. I'm just hours away from being in double digits from the wedding, and I can honestly say that I have hit a full scale freak-out mode with things that need to be done. Is it possible that my to-do list grows daily, and despite feeling really accomplished with the things we've done, I feel like there is a mountain waiting to be scaled ahead of me - and 99 days isn't nearly enough time.

Keep Calm by NotablyUnique
Things that are currently making my hair fall out (no really, my hair is falling out... more on that later.):

We are bringing our envelopes to the calligrapher this weekend, our invites are being sent out in a mere 3 weeks (HOLY CRAP).  We don't have our inserts yet for the invitations, and my biggest concern - despite ordering them all from the same place - is that they will somehow look horrendous all put together.

I bought a nectar-moon voucher from LivingSocial, only to find out that our travel date was JUST outside the expiration date. Our arrival date was the date the promotion expired, so I thought that we could arrive that day, and it would cover our 4 days of rest & relaxation.  I was wrong, and thankfully, LivingSocial has a great return policy. But, with less than 100 days to go, we're looking for something a bit more traditional (like Sandals), and will probably go through a travel agent instead of Groupon or LivingSocial.  I hate to abandon my original plans, but somethings feel a lot more certain when arranged by a professional. (and I'm tired of spending HOURS searching for deals & flights!)

We have what feels like a bajillion meetings/things to do in the next few weeks: the florist, the rabbi (oh that reminds me, we STILL don't have a Ketubah), the jeweler, the hotel (do we book the penthouse for two nights? one?), a chuppah, lighting, figuring out brunch options... My mind is really imploding at this point.

I keep multiple to do lists - at home, at work, in the car, and today I looked at the list I keep at work thinking that with all the things we got done in the past week I could surely cross one of those things off.  Nope. Not ONE. *headdesk*

Not to mention the tons of DIY crafts I have want to do, bridesmaids gifts to complete, a hairstylist to book. I could list things all.day.long.

Now, when all is said and done, in 101 days, it will be over. I will be a Mrs, married to the love of my life, and (hopefully) heading off to somewhere warm with a drink waiting for me. I'm trying to do something to keep me grounded for the next 100 days, so I've embarked on a photo project. I did a 365 photo project in 2010, where I took one picture everyday, no matter what.  Some of them were pretty terrible, but it was also the year that Mr. Ly and I started dating - so the first year of our relationship is VERY well documented, and I love that I have photographs for all of those memories.  I decided to do something similar for my last 100 days as a Miss.  I will be taking a picture everyday (Instagram is the BEST!) to document my 100 days leading up to the wedding.  I realize that I can't slow time down, that stress will continue to build but if I have these photos to look back on, maybe it will be more memorable than just the whirlwind leading up to the wedding.

101.  Unwinding
 (Getting a head start! And 2 glasses were drank, chocolate was saved for a true emergency!!) 

100. Blogging
Look familiar? I took a picture of my screen while blogging.

If you are interested in following, I'm @Lyreinlove on Instagram & Twitter!

Did anyone else do anything to commemorate their transition into double digits??

No comments:

Post a Comment