Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Will you be my bridesmaid?

I struggled with how I would ask my bridal party to be my bridal party.  Most of them knew it was coming, and when we would talk about the wedding plans - I would feel like I was losing ground on time to ask them without making it seem lame.

With nine bridesmaids, it's hard to do anything without breaking the bank. I decided I would design my own cards for them, and put together a cute little bag of goodies for them to properly ask them to stand beside R and I as we get married.  

At first I had the grand idea of designing mini navy blue satin dresses myself, and attaching them to the cards, this was a giant fail. I have minimal skills with fashion design, and didn't have the slightest clue where to begin.  

This image was my inspiration: 
ClipArt via Clker.com, image by chika87




Here's what happened: 
I started off ambitious.  All supplies ready for crafting. 

I quickly learned that the dress was looking horrendous, and scrapped the idea.
I decided to print the actual image onto the cards, instead of trying to recreate it out of fabric. 
Much better than the fabric! 
Matron of Honor card 
Writing out nine cards with personal messages expressing why it is so important to have them with us on our day. 

The bags for the goodies (I love owls. they will appear again and again I'm sure)

I added my own message to the bag
Cute little make-up bags in wedding colors
Eco-friendly notebooks with initial monogram personalization

Makeup and pedicure sets to fill the makeup bags

Bridesmaid bags all put together! 

 So while it started out as a bit of a fail, I think I pulled it together nicely.  All the girls loved their gift bags, and of course more importantly, said yes!

Did anyone else turn a DIY fail into a win?

1 comment:

  1. You pulled it together MORE than nicely! This was the sweetest thing ever, and I still have my card displayed in my room <3

    ReplyDelete